[CFR]RT305xF support, w/o attachment

Etienne Robillard erob at gthcfoundation.org
Tue Mar 22 10:23:22 UTC 2011

On 22/03/11 01:35 AM, PseudoCylon wrote:

> FreeBSD's if_runreg.h is the same as OpenBSD's if_rt2860reg.h. (Though, I have
> been ignoring syncing changes related to RT3090. run(4) doesn't supports it.) In
> fact, OpenBSD doesn't have if_runreg.h, instead they share if_rt2860reg.h. We
> can separate, but >90% of them would be identical.
>
> I don't have h/w but I might be able help you out non-SoC portion of code.
>

> AK

I have no objections in Aleksandr's work to port ral(4) from OpenBSD to
FreeBSD unless
it requires a hardware firmware module as in run(4), and unless there's
a way to skip
compiling hardware-assisted modules in FreeBSD using the
WITHOUT_FIRMWARE option.

Likewise, a WITHOUT_OFDM patch for FreeBSD could be ported nicely to
OpenBSD... :)

 Etienne

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob at gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy