r219385 build error.

George Liaskos geo.liaskos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:19:41 UTC 2011

>What process did you follow to get here?

I did a make toolchain followed by make buildworld.

> that's because the latest gcc commits have support for core2 and thus it no
> longer is being expanded to nocona. please note that having core2 in make.conf
> has always been *wrong*. hence the need to reset it to nocona.
> the best way to fix this would be to set CPUYTYPE?=native. if you want core2
> support now's the chance to actually get it. just update world and you can use
> CPUTYPE?=core2 and this time it *really* is supported. ;)

I saw the relevant commits about core2, this is the reason i decided
to do a rebuild.
I didn't know that core2 was wrong, it's in the make.conf
documentation, "native" it's not and after serious googling i found
out that i should actually avoid it.

I always believed that core2 was there [make.conf] as a future proof
upgrade path for when the base toolchain actually supports core2.

So, should i use native cputype?