tag=. gets me nothing

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Mar 4 21:04:12 UTC 2011

> Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 19:02:06 +0900
> From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org
>
> i have not cvsupped this particular system for months
>
> /usr/src# egrep -v '(^#|^$)' cvs-supfile
> *default host=cvsup.us.freebsd.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default tag=.
> src-all
> *default tag=.
> doc-all
> ports-all
>
> /usr/src# cvsup -g -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup.us.freebsd.org
> Connected to cvsup.us.freebsd.org
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
>  Edit src/contrib/binutils/gas/debug.c
>
> and that's it
>
> color me confused

Me, too. First, I am confused by the use of the old cvsup instead of the
base system csup. 'csup -L2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log' should do
the same thing. I'm a bit confused by the repeated 'default tag=. lines,
but I'd be surprised if that is an issue.

Is that all of the log? Does it go on to report that the operation is
complete? Does it exit without error?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)