login.conf: maxproc does not work when command running from cron?

Sergey Kandaurov pluknet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:36:51 UTC 2011

2011/3/3 Alex Keda <admin at lissyara.su>:
> 03.03.2011 11:52, Alex Keda пишет:
>>
>> I create login class:
>> lissyara# grep id100 --after-context=7 /etc/login.conf
>> id100:\
>>        :coredumpsize=1:\
>>        :cputime=60s:\
>>        :maxproc=12:\
>>        :openfiles=32:\
>>        :priority=20:\
>>        :tc=default:
>>
>> lissyara#
>
> another parameters (I test cputime, priority) work correct

Indeed. and I was able to reproduce it too, fyi.
That doesn't really work because cron doesn't perform further
fork()s after RLIMIT_NPROC limit is set, but it only exec() a task.

E.g. my cron implementation used at work does an additional fork
necessary for some teardown work thus it doesn't suffer from
this problem.

--
wbr,
pluknet