named crashes on assertion in rbtdb.c on sparc64/SMP

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 29 20:46:30 UTC 2011

On 06/29/2011 06:41, Marius Strobl wrote:

>>> I ran named with your patch and and watching him.
>> Omg.
>> Or I incorrectly rebuilt named, or the problem is not solved.
>> I got a crash after about 2 hours after named restarted:
>> 29-Jun-2011 13:51:28.855 general:
>> /usr/src/lib/bind/dns/../../../contrib/bind9/lib/dns/rbtdb.c:1614:
>> REQUIRE(prev>  0) failed
>> 29-Jun-2011 13:51:28.856 general: exiting (due to assertion failure)
>>

> The remainder of the isc atomic.h looks fine though, so this likely
> is a general bug in BIND, especially if it didn't happen before
> BIND 9.6.-ESV-R4-P1. Doug should be able to help you.
> Doug, could you please nevertheless take care of getting the above
> patch into BIND? It's a merge of r148453.

Hmm, I thought I had already pushed that rock up the appropriate hill,
but maybe not. I've been following this thread, but it's incredibly
unlikely that I'll be able to do anything useful with it until Friday.

hth,

Doug

			-- OK Go