a question about <ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed> message

Svatopluk Kraus onwahe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:08:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

   I've got <ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed> message from
ifa_del_loopback_route() called from rip_ctlinput(). Is IFA_RTSELF
flag consistent with ifa_add_loopback_route() and
ifa_del_loopback_route() calls?

   I think that rip_ctlinput() in sys/netinet/raw_ip.c should be
patched to do a check that IFA_RTSELF flag is set before
ifa_del_loopback_route() is called. The proposed check is done in
in_scrubprefix() in sys/netinet/in.c.

   Or exists some reason that it is not a good idea? I've got the
message as nobody calls ifa_add_loopback_route() before
ifa_del_loopback_route().

     Svata