IPv4 broken on r222048

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Jun 8 16:08:02 UTC 2011

On Jun 7, 2011, at 6:15 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:

>> I think I just found a good "recovery" idea -- I should disable the
>> features with rescue builds.  That should give one a working
>> /rescue/ifconfig in all cases and should be sufficient to recover?
>
>    That would be a good backup plan so people could at least avoid
> painting themselves into a corner by accident.

Can you confirm that
  http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20110608-02-ifconfig-rescue.diff
would work for you?

One will still be screwed if doing it remotely without serial console or
keyb access, but with that there should be a way to recover.  Note that
the rc scripts also check the AF to be present and will not configure them
if not.

Bjoern

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.