Weird issue with hastd(8)

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 3 08:26:23 UTC 2011

On 5/29/2011 4:11 AM, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
> This might be MSG_WAITALL issue I described on net@ (look for the thread
> "recv() with MSG_WAITALL might stuck when receiving more than rcvbuf", and
> also kern/154504).
>
> Could you please try the patch?
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/uipc_socket.c.patch

Yes, installing this patch on both client and server has solved this
issue. Synchronization now goes much faster.

I would also like to get your input on my two other patches -
randomization of the synchronization pattern and ad-hoc asynchronous
more. Hastd appears extremely useful to synchronize large virtual disks
over slow links without taking live virtual machine offline.

-Maxim