R: Recent mouse freeze problem with X, different window managers, any browser and flash.

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:24:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:09:10 -0600
eculp <eculp at encontacto.net> wrote:

> >> error.
> >> I can see it on the console where I started X, but I don't remember it now.
> >> I'll post il later.
> >> Anyway Xorg is still working after that.
> >>
> >> Barbara
> >
> > I think that it could be related to this message:
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2010-December/021997.html
> > even if I'm on i386
>
> Thanks, Barbara.  I am on i386 also.  It sounds as though it could
> very well be but I would expect others to be seeing something similar.
>   The kernel that I am using was built and rebooted from yesterday's
> sources with hopes that the problem would just "go away" same with
> world and ports but no cigar.  It is still the same and I don't have
> an old enough kernel to go back to so I guess I will just have to wait
> until something changes.
>
> Have a great day,

I'm running 9-current on amd64 and have experienced no problems with
flash using linux-opera, which is what I use to view flash content.
Otherwise I use linux-firefox with the flash plugin disabled.

Assuming you use firefox you could try
a) installing a flash blocker
b) installing NoScript, since it basically automatically blocks the
   execution of java scripts, etc., which might help
c) checking Tools->Add-Ons->Plugins to see whether you can disable flash
   (not sure about this, but it works with linux-firefox)

--
Gary Jennejohn