[clang] regression: tmpfs is not mounted from fstab

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 25 13:33:29 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-25 13:36, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> I can't mount tmpfs from fstab if world/kernel are build by clang,
> however just making world with gcc works fine.

The cause of this issue is a problem with the way clang's integrated
assembler handles global symbols that are not referenced.

This problem has been submitted upstream, and it is fixed meanwhile, so
I will import a new clang snapshot soon.

For now, please build kernels with "-no-integrated-as" added to
COPTFLAGS, that should fix it.