pc-sysinstall and pxeboot

Scott Ullrich sullrich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 02:03:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:13 PM, David Boyd <David.Boyd at insightbb.com> wrote:
> Has anyone noodled through the details of pxeboot and pc-sysinstall for
> automated installs?
>
> I have working configurations for pxeboot and sysinstall for 8.1-RELEASE and
> prior.
>
> What are the gotchas for 9.0-CURRENT?
>
> I have lots of testing time available.

I have done something in this realm called vCloudFreeBSD but I have
not set it up as a pxeboot.   I am sure you could very easily.

vCloudBSD is meant to auto install to the first available disk.   This
ISO contains the Puppet packages and will automatically join a puppet
server and self configure but you can pull the bits and pieces out and
roll your own disk using the pfSense builder framework or the
traditional make release methods.

If you are interested in learning more I talk about it in my blog.

http://scottullrich.posterous.com/

Scott