SU+J systems do not fsck themselves

David Thiel lx at redundancy.redundancy.org
Tue Dec 27 22:36:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 02:29:03PM -0800, Xin LI wrote:
> I'm not sure if your experiments are right here, the second log shows
> you're running it read-only, which is likely caused by running it on
> live file system.

Yes, this most recent instance is me running it on a live FS, because
I'm using that machine to type this right now. :) However, I've had the
issues fixed in single-user on other systems and had the problems go
away. At least for a bit.

>     - use journalled fsck;
>     - use normal fsck to check if the journalled fsck did the right thing.

When you say "use journalled fsck", what's the proper way to initiate
that? I don't see any journal-related options in the man page.