jexec -h hostname option

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Thu Dec 22 15:14:45 UTC 2011

On 22. Dec 2011, at 14:03 , Dan The Man wrote:

> http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/relnotes/new.html#USERLAND
> jexec(8) now supports -h hostname option to specify the jail where the command will be executed.

Oh wow.  That's all but current.

> When was this added? I don't see it functioning:

3 years 6 months ago and it was shortly afterwards removed again as neither
a) the hostname not b) the ip addresses needed to be unique anymore with
multi-IP jails (a) not even before that).  The suggested replacement was
-n to name the jails yourself.  I think the uniqueness limit has since been
removed on that as well but the option has stayed and by default is the
jail ID these days and it's name=<..> in the modern syntax.

/bz

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.