RC3 won't boot after install

jeffrey stein jffrystn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:03:28 UTC 2011

HelloŠ

I'm using the 9rc3 memstick img file to do an install on a Samsung Chronos
7, brand new.

The install booted from the usb and answered defaults for all the install
questions. Even went to the shell with no problem. When it got to the end of
the install and asked to reboot, I clicked ok. Pulled out the media (usb)
and heard the machine rebooting, but then it seemed like it went into a loop
trying to start some kind of graphics mode.

The screen kept flashing with no text or images, just complete black and
then what looked like a backlight..I thought it might be a graphics intro or
splash screen, but no matter what I do I cant break out of it...and it won't
load..