WITHOUT_PROFILE=yes by default

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri Dec 2 16:34:59 UTC 2011

> Nothing is being broken here, just a default being changed.
>
> Users make up a greater proportion of our userbase than developers, so
> sensible defaults for them are more appropriate, right?

This has no impact on non-developer end-users.

For "developer" end-users, this has a huge impact.  You are forcing each
and every developer who wants to profile their code to modify their
/etc/src.conf and then 'make buildworld' solely because Max can't be
bothered to add one line to his own /etc/src.conf.

Developers who profile their code makes up a greater proportion of our
userbase than 'Max', so sensible defaults for them are more appropriate,
right?

--lyndon