login problem after update.

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Tue Aug 23 18:42:18 UTC 2011

      This morning I updated an amd64 machine which had been running
-CURRENT from April 18 to last night's version.
	The build/build/install/install process seemed to go as usual.
However, when I tried to log in (any user) I get:

login: tac_config: cannot open "/etc/tacplus.conf"

Login: pam_authenticate(): error in services module

	and at a different point:

su:  in openpam_dispatch(): pam_unix.so: no pam_sm_acct_mgmt()

	I have checked, and there is no /etc/tacplus.conf; but there wasn't one
in the full backup done MOnday either, at which point everything was
working.  The file is in the man pages, but with no mention of how it is
created.

	What have I mangled, and how to I fix it?

			Robert Huff