gptzfsboot error using HP Smart Array P410i Controller

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 16 19:15:51 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:46:48 pm Christoph Hoffmann wrote:
> Setting high_heap_size to zero ends with an error:
>
> Attempting Boot From CD-ROM
> Attempting Boot From Hard Drive (C:)
> 474: high_heap_size=0x0; dsk=0x1a000; &bootinfo=0x8694
> malloc failure

Hmm, I am really at a loss for what is trashing 'dsk'.  You could
possibly try adjusting bios_getmem() to force it to use
high_heap_size from bios_extmem (that is at the bottom of the
function) perhaps.  However, that is mostly a bit of a guess that
some part of your BIOS is randomly zero'ing dsk.

I'm at a loss as to how the assignments to bootinfo would trash
'dsk'. :(

--
John Baldwin