daily snapshots updated (Was: Re: Where to download latest FreeBSD snapshots)

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 15 16:25:58 UTC 2011

Test Rat <ttsestt at gmail.com> wrote
  in <86y5z1ymyi.fsf at gmail.com>:

tt> Can you add architecture name to HEAD snapshots? It often saves time
tt> checking whether snapshot is suitable for testing months after being
tt> dowloaded.

 Thank you for your feedback.  While I have received various ideas and
 am still working on them, I recently added changes for the followng:

 1. Use $TARGET and $TARGET_ARCH in ISO image names.  Now it is like
    the following:

    FreeBSD-9.0-HEAD-20110809-JPSNAP-i386-i386-bootonly.iso

    Also, SHA-256 checksum files have been added in the same
    directory.

 2. Use a clean build environment.  This should fix an iso9660 format
    breakage issue in makefs(8).

 3. The uncompressed tree of the release tarballs is added under the
    trees/ directory.

 Currently, snapshots of 7 platforms are being built natively.

-- Hiroki