panic: share -> excl @r224632

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Aug 4 13:22:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 05:54:54AM -0700, David Wolfskill wrote:
> I will see if I can find a commit that affected at least one of the
> affected files in the above list that I can revert to avoid the panic,
> but I'm a bit slow for a while yet, so I figured I'd finally get around
> to posting this, in the hope that someone cleverer than me will spot
> the problem and suggest a circumvention to try.

I seem to have made a somewhat-lucky guess.

The change to sys/kern/vfs_mount.c was r224614; performing:

	cd /sys/kern && svn diff -c 224614 | patch -R

then rebuilding the kernel allowedd the machine to come up normally (for
me -- but then, as noted, I'm not using jails):

FreeBSD g1-222.catwhisker.org. 9.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1 #303 r224648M: Thu Aug  4 06:10:49 PDT 2011     root at g1-222.catwhisker.org.:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY  i386

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.