Clang now builds world and kernel, on i386 and amd64

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 24 14:34:40 UTC 2010

On 2010-09-24 14:13, Bartosz Stec wrote:
>> Could you please try to rename this make.conf to e.g. make.conf.disable,
>> and retry the world build?
> Still the same without make.conf. My personal guess is, that clang
> builded by clang with CPUTYPE=athlon-xp is somehow broken. I don't think
> CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe could do any harm, and also note that clang builded by
> GCC with exactly the same make.conf has no problems with world building :)

I still cannot reproduce your issue...  To check, I have built world
with CPUTYPE=athlon-xp, verified it used "-O2 -pipe -march=athlon-xp" as
compilation flags for the world stage, and installed the resulting clang
executables.

Those clang executables do not exhibit the same problem as yours do;
they can build tblgen (during the bootstrap-tools stage) fine.

I suggest you comment out the CPUTYPE macro in make.conf for now,
rebuild your world with gcc, and then rebuild it with clang again, to
see if the issue goes away.