Multiple hpet messages during boot

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Sep 17 15:39:21 UTC 2010

In message: <201009160828.35520.jhb at freebsd.org>
            John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> writes:
: On Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:32:33 am Joel Dahl wrote:
: > I noticed this during boot (HEAD from yesterday):
: >
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: > hpet0: [FILTER]
: >
: > Is it really necessary to print this 8 times?
:
: I'd actually like to remove the interrupt messages that say '[FILTER]' or
: '[GIANT]', etc.  I think in general they only add clutter.

[GIANT] is just public shaming of drivers anyway.  It has worked to
get them all the major ones locked.  Well, except for atkbd and psm...

I'd be happy to toss them behind a bootverbose :)

Warner