buildworld + ccache trouble

Maxim Khitrov max at mxcrypt.com
Wed Sep 15 15:16:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Dmitry Krivenok
<krivenok.dmitry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All!
> I recently updated to r212634 and tried to build CURRENT tree with ccache.
>
> However, I got build error:
>
> <snip>
>
> Stop in /usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Is it a know issue?
> Any solutions?

If I remember correctly, this happens when you try to build 32-bit
library set on amd64 (you do not have WITHOUT_LIB32 set in
/etc/src.conf).

My solution was to disable 32-bit support by setting that option. If
you're still using ccache version 2.4, try upgrading to 3.0.1, though
I'm not sure if this problem has been fix. The only other alternative
that I know of is to not use ccache to buildworld on amd64.

- Max