log2(), log2f() and log2l() support in freebsd

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Sat Oct 16 01:25:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 08:50:17PM -0400, Diane Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:06:05AM +0000, Alexander Best wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > could we please have support for log2(), log2f() and log2l() in freebsd?
>
> I have run into a similar problem. I already started with some complex
> functions:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=147599&cat=

See my comment in the PR.  Please, do not integrate
the patch from that PR into FreeBSD without testing.
Make sure your tests include complex numbers z = x + iy
with combinations of x and y involving -inf, +inf, nan,
+0, and -0.

> Oh.. Ok, I have seen 82654. I believe my diff should take care of that one.
> 83845 should be committed or the NetBSD code brought in. (Most current
> version of fldigi needs log2.)

Well, I wrote the patch in 82654.  Having had sufficient interaction
with bde and das, I have tried to withdraw the patch.  It simply
is not a robust patch.

--
Steve