TTY task group scheduling

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 19 13:14:17 UTC 2010

on 18/11/2010 22:20 Julian Elischer said the following:
> tty grouping is a variant of what we used to have at one stage which is
> a "kernel schedulable entity group".. KSEG

Or rather, I think, a concrete application of a variant of that.

> the idea is that all items in a group share some characteristic and some amount
> of resources.
>
> We stripped the KSEG out of the picture because it really complicated the picture.

Yes, unfortunately.
One can think about a number of applications for hierarchical schedulable
resources.  Even one-level group scheduling could be a very useful subcase.

BTW, http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/cgroups.txt
--
Andriy Gapon