Syscons and termcap

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Tue Nov 9 10:03:21 UTC 2010

Hello Eir,

* Eir Nym <eirnym at gmail.com>, 20101109 05:10:
> I've compiled -CURRENT kernel with UTF-8 and CONS25 support. ( r214751 )
>
> in xterm emulation mode I have problems with bindings for some keys,
> such as Home
> If I start vis(1) and press Home, I always get "^[[H" sequence instead
> of "^[OH" which is defined in termcap (5) file.
>
> I get correct results after switching to cons25.
>
> What do I wrong ? Does sc(4) driver in current correctly support
> xterm-like key bindings?

Yes, but not only must you set TERM=xterm, you must also remove
TEKEN_CONS25 from your kernel configuration or run vidcontrol -T xterm
on that specific window. There is almost no reason why anyone would want
to use the TEKEN_CONS25 option.

Depending on whether the terminal is switched to cursor keys mode, it
will return ^[[H or ^[OH. See /sys/teken/teken.c, teken_get_sequence().

Greetings,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/