Tricky subversion import, what to do?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Nov 8 03:22:25 UTC 2010

On 7 Nov 2010, at 21:29, Ulrich Spörlein <uqs at spoerlein.net> wrote:

> As I wrote, that's beside the point and not the question at hand. How/where should it end up in our tree? Is it vendor code? Is it contrib code? And if so how to bootstrap the correct subversion history ...

It is FreeBSD code so it is already in the right place in the tree. My git repository started life as a personal scratch repository which I used for maintaining the in-tree unifdef. It has grown its own release infrastructure for the convenience of its Linux users (there have been a lot of contributions from Debian). Because of this a lot of the changes are irrelevant to FreeBSD so I have not kept the FreeBSD version strictly in sync.

Please don't mess around with it because you'll just make my maintenance job harder.

Tony.