HEAD can't bring up APs on Intel LC5528(Jasper Forest)

Ryan Stone rysto32 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 22:15:38 UTC 2010

I've also tried a 6.1-derived kernel.  I doubt that it was fixed for
8.0-RELEASE and then broken again on HEAD, but I'll check and be sure.

My guess is that the problem is with the BIOS.  We loaned our
reference board to our BIOS vendor for development purposes and the
BIOS they left on it is also unable to start APs.  I think that my
best bet to track this down is to see how the original Intel BIOS and
the bad BIOS is configuring the hardware differently.  I'm not very
familiar with this stuff so I'm not sure what I should be looking at.
MTRRs, I guess.  What else?