GrandCentralDispatch in FreeBSD?

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Thu May 13 20:05:37 UTC 2010

On 13 May 2010, at 10:21, Tom Evans wrote:

> I saw today that you've written a proof of concept MPM for apache in
> GCD [1] - are there any plans to port GCD to FreeBSD?

Hi Tom--

Actually, I also ported GCD to FreeBSD last year, and developed the MPM on FreeBSD/GCD :-). It requires a post-8.0 version of 8-STABLE, and then libdispatch port + clang compiler. You can find out more here:

  http://wiki.freebsd.org/GCD

The clang dependency is due to C Blocks, and we have an unpatched gcc so gcc-compiled applications can't use blocks.

Robert