newfs_msdos and DVD-RAM

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 29 20:47:22 UTC 2010

on 29/03/2010 23:29 Fabian Keil said the following:
> Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Thus, clearly, it is a fault of a tool that formatted the media for FAT.
>> It should have picked correct values, or rejected incorrect values if
>> those were provided as overrides via command line options.
>
> The kernel still shouldn't panic, though.

A quick reply to this point only - yes, I completely agree.
But remember that the panic happened only after the sources were modified :)
Jokes aside, mountmsdosfs() should reject incorrect combination of bytes/sector
and sectors/cluster and should produce proper diagnostics for that.

--
Andriy Gapon