Increasing MAXPHYS

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Sun Mar 21 14:56:36 UTC 2010

on 21/03/2010 16:05 Alexander Motin said the following:
> Ivan Voras wrote:
>> Hmm, it looks like it could be easy to spawn more g_* threads (and,
>> barring specific class behaviour, it has a fair chance of working out of
>> the box) but the incoming queue will need to also be broken up for
>> greater effect.
>
> According to "notes", looks there is a good chance to obtain races, as
> some places expect only one up and one down thread.

I haven't given any deep thought to this issue, but I remember us discussing
them over beer :-)
I think one idea was making sure (somehow) that requests traveling over the same
edge of a geom graph (in the same direction) do it using the same queue/thread.
Another idea was to bring some netgraph-like optimization where some (carefully
chosen) geom vertices pass requests by a direct call instead of requeuing.

--
Andriy Gapon