build failures after stdlib update

Pegasus Mc Cleaft ken at
Wed Mar 17 02:30:25 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 March 2010 02:22:48 Alexander Best wrote:
> so is there no way to fix this? this is what i've tried and still the
>  problem exists:

	One thing I am trying (and I have no idea if it will work yet) is seeing 
if replacing the /usr/lib/libc* archives with a working set from another 
machine. I am just guessing here, but it looks like the /lib/ that I 
replaced is only used for dynamic linked executables (and is the reason most 
of my machine is working after I replaced it). When the tool chain compiles, 
it does so statically and I believe the archive's it uses are in /usr/lib (and 
I haven't changed them yet). 

	What I am trying to do is build another 9-current AMD64 in Vbox and when 
that compile is finished, copy the pieces over to the host machine. I'll let 
you know if this works. 


More information about the freebsd-current mailing list