build failures after stdlib update

Pegasus Mc Cleaft ken at mthelicon.com
Sun Mar 14 00:34:34 UTC 2010

> >        Can anyone give me advice on how to track this problem down or fix
> > it? I suspect I still have a lib that still trying to use the broken
> > libc.so.7 or something else depended on it, but I am not sure..
>
>     Some of the items in this commit may be causing the bad juju
> you're seeing on the screen:
>
> http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/205021
>
>     Please try reverting that and see how things go.

Hi Garrett,

	I'm not exactly sure if I can. I can use the svn utility OK, but the
build looks like it is dieing when it makes the
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools/* stuff. I was able to progress the
build a little further by coping the build binaries from the
/usr/obj/tmp/usr/....../cc/cc_tools directory and then continuing the build
with a NO_CLEAN. I found that the binaries that were dieing were statically
linked and the ones that worked were dynamically linked to /lib/libc.so.7. I
thought I was able to push through the problem, but it died later on with
pages of bad references: (single example below)

/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc1/../cc_int/libbackend.a(cfgexpand.o)
(.text+0xc6d): In function `add_reg_br_prob_note':
: undefined reference to `gen_rtx_EXPR_LIST'

	I havent tried rolling back the sources yet, but I will give it a try. My
suspicion is that the build will die because I have some library with a bug in
it still. One option I was thinking of is copying in all the old libraries in
/lib and seeing if it will build then. Do you think that will be helpfull?

Peg