build failures after stdlib update

Pegasus Mc Cleaft ken at mthelicon.com
Sat Mar 13 18:31:26 UTC 2010

Hello Current,

	I am wondering if someone could help me please.

	I built the 9.0-current kernel and world while there was still a bug in
the updated strlen(). Unfortunately this rendered the machine unbootable as
gptzfsloader crashed and would just echo an endless stream of spaces across
the screen. After booting off another drive and reverting the gptzfsboot to
the .old version, I was able to being the machine back to life, but
applications were dieing left and right (Signal 10). I used dgb to find the
offending library /lib/libc.so.7 and had a copy of the library from 3 days
ago. After reverting that library, I was able to start all my applications OK
and the machine is working..

	However.....

	I am not able to build the latest world (I havent tried kernel yet).
Whenever I start  gengtype dies with a signal 10.  I have tried to use dgb to
examine the core file, but it gives me nonsense answers so I am not able to
locate what library it might be trying to use. I have also tried to blow away
the /usr/src and /usr/obj directories and recreate them from svn just incase
there was something hanging on from the previous build.

	Can anyone give me advice on how to track this problem down or fix it? I
suspect I still have a lib that still trying to use the broken libc.so.7 or
something else depended on it, but I am not sure..

Thanks,
Peg