dev.bce.X.com_no_buffers increasing and packet loss

Ian FREISLICH ianf at clue.co.za
Thu Mar 11 06:46:26 UTC 2010

Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> I successfully reproduced the issue with netperf on BCM5709. You
> can use UDP frame size 1 to trigger the issue.

Now I wish I had paid closer attention ages ago.  I actually saw
this when I benchmarked the system post purchase, but didn't
investigate further.  I tested and specified the hardware and that
system was forwarding 1MPPS.  Then the bean counters got interested
in Dell and they bought something entirely different.

Thanks very, very much for your interest.  This is one of the reasons
I love FreeBSD - invariably, the right people are available and
interested.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich