Core i5 AES acceleration

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 8 23:09:53 UTC 2010

Hi David.

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 09:59:07 -0800
David Ehrmann <ehrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking that if I did do it, I'd start with padlock as a base.
> It looks like there are maybe 6 new opcodes.  Maybe we could ask the
> contributor of the Linux code (an Intel employee) if he'd be willing to
> also release the code under a BSD license.

	According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES-NI , we can get
	specification document: http://software.intel.com/file/20457 .

	I saw it, and consider that we can release under BSDL.  Because
	of 'from specification'.

> My problem is that I don't have a Core i5 system--I was asking because
> it's an option for my new system--and I'm far from an x86 assembly expert.

	I have a machine equipped with Core i7 640UM, so I'll be able
	to test.  But I'm far from an x86asm expert, too:-(.