propose: all arch move into a separate dir

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 7 05:29:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 01:28:24AM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>     FWIW, NetBSD's charter has been to run their OS on a number of
> architectures, not just a primary set of architectures; OpenBSD's
> charter differs -- if we all were NetBSD or OpenBSD, then we'd all be
> using the same thing.  But we aren't and that's probably not going to
> change anytime soon [at least not without community backing and a

We aren't?  At this point it seems any architecture an be brought into
FreeBSD without regard to critical mass or ability to support it to the
standards of our past.  I do believe FreeBSD's character does not include
chasing every embedded platform where there is energy and talent for the
initial port.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)
A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?