propose: all arch move into a separate dir

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 5 13:19:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Alex Keda wrote:

> On 05.03.2010 12:17, Robert Watson wrote:
>> consumers like Isilon, NetApp, Juniper, and many others
> thus, it is not 'Free', this managed by 'consumers like Isilon, NetApp,
> Juniper, and many others'?

These and other companies contribute significantly to the FreeBSD Project --
witness, for example, NFS locking support, new NFS RPC code, and the MPSAFE
VFS, both contributed by Isilon in the last ten years.  Not gratuitously
renaming files and directories is not a high price to pay for those
contributions :-).  And, remember that a moderate number of our developers
work for companies that use FreeBSD in products, so we're not just helping
disconnected end-users: they are members of the community.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge