propose: all arch move into a separate dir

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Fri Mar 5 12:53:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 02:27:06PM +0300, Alex Keda wrote:
> On 05.03.2010 14:16, Doug Rabson wrote:

> >ManagedBSD?

> >>I'm not going anywhere, not even hope for it =)
> >>I'm trying to make FreeBSD a better, more logical.
> >>Maybe that's not very successful, but judging by the number of
> >>
> >I think you misunderstand. Some of us old-timers have been having this
> >discussion repeatedly for well over ten years. It always ends up the same
> >way - a re-org might make the source tree marginally prettier but the
> >consequences for long-term maintenance and supporting downstream
> >contributors outweigh any possible benefit. Having the same conversation
> >every two years with the same outcome gets annoying.
> >
> And the fact that this issue was raised with enviable regularity - not
> make you think that it really needs to be done?

And the fact that weighting the arguments always ends in the same
result - not make you think that this really shouldn't be done?
A calculation always ends in the same result until the variables changes.
So far this hasn't happen, so there is no need to recalculate/rethink
every now and then.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de