propose: all arch move into a separate dir

paradox ddkprog at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 20:23:48 UTC 2010

> * paradox
> wrote:
> > Well, maybe my thoughts will be understood, then when
> the folder
> > /usr/src/sys/ number of architectures to increase to ~
> 50, [...]
>
> s/when/if/. ;-)

more than ~ 5 years, it was necessary that would create
/usr/src/sys/x86/ (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/x86/) dir
Well, how many years that will need to understand that a good idea
to create /usr/src/sys/arch/ ?

I believe that the architecture that disposes in the folder
/usr/src/sys/ is no place
absolutely logical to located it in a common directory on the logic

> I know this sounds lazy, but shouldn't we start discussing
> this problem
> by the time we support more than 10 architectures?

will wait for the next ~5-100... years?

> Cheers,
> --
>  Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>

Well, I do not insist
if the freebsd developers feel that it is not necessary, the question is close.