propose: all arch move into a separate dir

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Mar 4 19:13:12 UTC 2010

There are two chief problems with a large-scale reorg of our src tree:

 - There are many companies who use FreeBSD as part of their business.
   In the case of ISPs or companies who use FreeBSD as a base of their
   products, this would make it much harder for them to synchronize
   their local changes with the master repository as changes occur.

 - We have a large number of existing Problem Reports containing patches
   against our src tree.  These patches would be in the same situation.

These are the reasons we've avoided doing so in the past, no matter how
much 'cleaner' things might wind up being.

mcl