Problem with new bwn driver on -CURRENT

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 3 22:46:11 UTC 2010

On 3/3/10 5:04 PM, Weongyo Jeong wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 11:50:43PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>>> This issue is reported by some people and I'm looking codes.
>>
>> Good to know.
>
> This issue is solved in r204657.  Thank you for reporting!

Saw that, thanks!

>>> Patch is attached with email and it'll fix this message.  Could you
>>> please test with it?
>>
>> Yes, the patch removes those messages.  Thanks!

Was this patch committed?  I don't recall seeing an svn notice.

>>> Was it successful to associate with AP?
>>
>> Yes, in DMA mode.  In PIO mode, it associates, but does not pass any
>> traffic.  After a while, there was a critical DMA error, and the driver
>> looped forever trying to communicate with the card.
>
> Are there any messages from bwn(4) related with DMA error?  If yes and
> you reproduce DMA error easily could you please show me the full dmesg?

When it occurs, it is a fatal DMA error, and this streams on the console
until reboot.  In order to get the card to work again (with either bwn
or ndis), I need to power-cycle the laptop.

When it occurs again, I will get you the details and the full dmesg.  Do
you want a verbose dmesg, or a standard one?

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome