Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Mon Mar 1 23:49:59 UTC 2010

En/na Weongyo Jeong ha escrit:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 04:21:06PM -0800, Xin LI wrote:
>
>> Hi, Weongyo,
>>
>> On 2010/02/25 16:51, Weongyo Jeong wrote:
>>
>>> FYI bwn(4) driver is committed into FreeBSD tree.  I think the driver
>>> supports your LP PHY device.  After cvsup please try to rebuild siba_bwn
>>> and bwn modules.
>>>
>>> Could you please test with it?  Please let me know and send me your
>>> full dmesg when you encounters the following problems:
>>>
>>>   - if the driver doesn't work or is unstable.
>>>   - if it prints debugging or verbose messages.
>>>
>> Great!  Thanks for the work!
>>
>> Is it possible to MFC the work back to 8-STABLE at some point?
>>

> Of course yes.  AFAIK it could be compiled and works without problems on
> 8-STABLE; I checked it.  :-)

   I'm trying to run it in STABLE right now. When kldloading if_bwm
(following the given instructions, the other modules are kldloaded) it
complains with :

         link_elf_obj: symbol _mtx_assert undefined

   looks like it fails in if_bwnvar.h. Culprit is this define :

            #define    BWN_ASSERT_LOCKED(sc)
mtx_assert(&(sc)->sc_mtx, MA_OWNED)

   Do I need witness enabled to run this ? Is there any way to run it in
STABLE  or do I need to run CURRENT ?

   Regards,

   Gus

--