amd64 panic snd_hda - hdac_get_capabilities: Invalid corb size (0)

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Jul 28 16:51:15 UTC 2010

on 28/07/2010 19:44 Anton Shterenlikht said the following:
 > But I just rebooted again, and reset
> to defaults in BIOS, now I get:
>
> % dmesg | fgrep -i hda
> hdac0: <ATI SB600 High Definition Audio Controller> irq 16 at device 20.2 on pci0
> hdac0: HDA Driver Revision: 20100226_0142
> hdac0: [ITHREAD]
> hdac0: hdac_get_capabilities: Invalid corb size (1)
> device_attach: hdac0 attach returned 6

This gets even stranger.
Ultimate attempt - can you drop the size == 0 condition, so that reset is always
tried when initial value is not correct?

Then, of course, build and install new kernel and reboot.
If possible, with power down to get the cleanest results.

P.S. I lied actually - the ultimate attempt would be to not even try to read CORB
and RIRB size and just force them to 256 always.  It seems that's what Linux
driver does.

--
Andriy Gapon