Pack of CAM improvements

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 28 20:08:15 UTC 2010

pluknet wrote:
> On 28 January 2010 20:16, Alexander Motin <mav at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Yamagi Burmeister wrote:
>>> ahcich0: is 00000002 cs 00000000 ss 00000000 rs 00000001 tfd 50 serr
>>> 00000000
>>> ahcich0: Timeout on slot 0
>> Try to disable MSI interrupts with `hint.ahci.0.msi=0`.
>
> Sorry for hijacking your thread.
> Can this help on my similar issue as well? It's hardly reproducible for me.
> (it's reported while back:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-December/053372.html)

I am not sure. "ss ffffffff" there means that none of 32 sent NCQ
commands are completed. So it may be a real timeout. But you may try it,
if that virtual controller supports MSI at all and there is something to
disable.

The other possible option is to try AHCI_Q_EDGEIS quirk. It helps some
controllers to avoid lost interrupts under high load.

--
Alexander Motin