HEADS UP: <utmp.h> gone. All welcome <utmpx.h>.

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Thu Jan 14 15:24:41 UTC 2010

* Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:
> please pardon my ignorance but will I have to do anything with utmp/wtmp/etc files
> after upgrading my system to the new code?
> Will lasr still correctly show logins that happened before the upgrade?

Right now it's not handled at all. We probably shouldn't care about utmp
and lastlog. As long as an administrator can analyze the wtmp files, it
should be fine. I am planning on adding a tool, probably called
wtmpcvt(1), which will allow you to convert it to the new format. Then
you can pass it to last(1)'s -f.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/