Virtualbox

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Wed Feb 24 15:38:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:04:33 +0100, Bernhard Froehlich <decke at bluelife.at>
wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:02:30 +0100, Giovanni Trematerra
> <giovanni.trematerra at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> NIL_RTHCPHYS && >!(paPages[i].Phys & PAGE_OFFSET_MASK)
>>> /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.1.2_OSE/src/VBox
> size_t,
>>> const SUPPAGE*,

>>> Thanks for the report. I've talked to Alexander Eichner and he gave me
>>> patch that could
>>> fix that problem. Could you please try to build the
virtualbox-ose-kmod
>>> port
>>> with that patch?
>>> If it works we will include it in the port update coming quite soon.
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.ca/1808090
>>>
>>> If that does not help please create a backtrace from the vbox coredump
>>> and
>>> send the vbox.log.
>>
>> There are other point in
>> src/VBox/Runtime/r0drv/freebsd/memobj-r0drv-freebsd.c
>> where vtophys is misused as in rtR0MemObjNativeGetPagePhysAddr.
>> Using pmap_extract might be insufficient, what if the page will be
> swapped
>> out?
>
> According to aeichner that should not happen as all memory allocated
there
> is locked. He's at the moment having a look at the other vtophys calls.

I've got the new patch from Alexander Eichner now. It's currently untested
on newer kernels so could someone please test it on an affected kernel?

http://pastebin.ca/1808177
(linefeeds from the patch are dos so beware!)

beat@ has already commited it to our vbox testing repository so you can
get
the virtualbox 3.1.4 port with the new patch included from:

http://svn.bluelife.at/nightlies/virtualbox-port-r731.tar.gz

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/