Can't use USB keyboard during boot menu

Chris Hedley freebsd-current at chrishedley.com
Tue Feb 23 11:46:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Renato Botelho wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Chris Hedley
> <freebsd-current at chrishedley.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do you have USB legacy support enabled in your BIOS?  I'm not sure if
>> there's an option for the loader to use USB devices natively, but the BIOS's
>> legacy option where it provides AT/PS2 emulation is probably the easiest way
>> to get the keyboard working.
>
> Yes, I do, but it seems to be a regression on FreeBSD itself, I had this problem
> in the past and I checked the same things i need to check in the past again and
> everything is fine.

I'm afraid in that case, this one's outside of my own somewhat limited
area of knowledge.  AFAIK the loader uses the BIOS to process the keyboard
input, a wall I've been banging my own head against lately, so I'm a bit
surprised that it's stopped playing; but beyond that, I'm not sure.
Hopefully one of the more knowledgable types will wade in at this point...