Recent scsi changes "month <" cause machine to hang on probing cdrom.

inurneck inurneck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:49:32 UTC 2010

I have to keep my secondary scsi controller off now or my box don't boot at
all. Its a dell poweredge 2400 with two scsi cdroms a NEC and a HP. It
doesnt give any error even booting verbosely it just freezes solid when it
checks the cd.  I was hoping this would just get fixed with time because I
dont have any to deal with it but a recent make build and install world and
kernel didnt help it still just hangs the machine as soon as it probes the
cdrom. What can I do to help you help myself. I dont understand why it has
to tell me the cd is empty all overdramatically and cant just be smart
enough to skip over it oppose to flooding my screen with useless messages so
turning that off would be swell too if possible.

--
I am my only local user and I cannot be trusted. This is a bad thing. Thing
is, with FreeBSD where there is a shell there is a way. Over the years I've