Kerberized NFSv3 incorrect behavior (revisited)

George Mamalakis mamalos at eng.auth.gr
Fri Feb 5 14:59:43 UTC 2010

What's more,

if I obtain (as root for example) a ticket for user mamalos and kdestroy
it, and then login as user root in a new terminal, the root user in the
new terminal has still all privileges of mamalos in the share. Klist, of
course, shows no tickets. This could be also a security threat, in case
different kerberos principals (users in this setup) use a shared machine
account to logon, and then access their resources by kiniting to their
respective principals.

I assume that this must have to do with kernel's KGSSAPI support, which
"forgets" to delete or renew its kerberos' cache.

Thank you all, again, for your time.

--
George Mamalakis

IT Officer
Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)

Faculty of Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

phone number : +30 (2310) 994379