userland weirdness between r216351 and r216738

René Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 31 22:00:14 UTC 2010

Hi,

somewhere between 9.0-amd64 r216351 and r216738, I've noticed some
userland weirdness.
Symptoms are:
- pseudo-random number generator not starting, preventing ssh(d) from working
- fonts in X.org (xfce4) missing or replaced
- mouse only working when hald is running

I don't know if the above symptoms are somehow related, or what causes them.
The kernel is GENERIC without (u)lpt and umass and with these modules loaded:
 fdescfs.ko
 if_iwn.ko
 snd_hda.ko
 sound.ko
 umass.ko
 iwn5000fw.ko
 nvidia.ko (256.53)
 linux.ko
 cuse4bsd.ko
 atapicam.ko
 linprocfs.ko

Kernel and world are compiled with
FreeBSD clang version 2.8 (tags/RELEASE_28 115870) 20101007

Reverting to r216351 (kernel, world, mergemaster) brought things back to normal.
I can do a binary search if desired. Did someone else also see this?

Happy 2011,
Rene